Understanding Your Bill
When you pay your bill each month, do you know exactly what goes into your bill?
Understanding the charges on your electric bill can help you save money by monitoring your exact energy usage. Below, we will examine an actual electric bill and explain the information found on your billing statement.
- Account Information: This section provides your TCEMC account number and map location. For faster service, reference this number when communicating with your co-op.
- Meter Reading: Provides information that is specific to your service location including your current and previous meter readings and current kWh usage for the month.
- Charges Detail: Provides an itemized list of your current charges for services.
Facility Charge: A fixed monthly charge that covers a portion of the costs TCEMC incurs to build and maintain the system that carries the electricity to your home or place of business.
Other Charges: This section of your bill could include your yard light, flood light or street light fee.
State Tax: NC sales tax collected on the sales of goods and services (currently 7%).
Round Up: Amount your bill is rounded to the next highest dollar where funds are placed in an account administered by the Operation Round-Up Program.
- Billing Summary: Provides an overview of charges incurred, payments received during the billing period of your electric charges and total amount due.
- kWh Usage History: This chart helps you visualize any trends in your monthly energy usage over the past 13 months.
- Remittance Stub: The remittance stub indicates your map location, account number, bill due date, and total amount due. Please return the stub along with your payment and any previous unpaid balance to the address shown.
Click on the following link to download a sample bill with all the terms explained: Understanding Your Bill-Tri-County EMC